cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After changed email address but admin user still can sign in

After changed email address but admin user still can sign in

New member | Level 1

My Dropbox is register by my company email address but i was changed it to my personal email address, after i changed but my office admin still can sign in to my account  to changed my membership from full to limited and this means i have less Dropbox space. It is no privacy at all, what can i do now?

11 Replies 11

Re: After changed email address but admin user still can sign in

Super User alumni

It sounds like they cancelled your subscription, which they can do without having access to your account if they were the ones paying the bill.

New member | Level 1

But admin can view all my folder or not? What can i do?

Super User alumni

That entirely depends - unless they have your email *and* password then they cant log into your account.

However, if you have Dropbox installed on a computer at work, then anyone who has access to that computer can access your files and your account without knowing your password.

Super User II

If you had a Business account then yes, they can see everything. 

And if you are using Dropbox on a work machine you have 0 privacy. The employer can pretty much do anything they want. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 1

Actually no one can access my computer & Im from my Business term (company email) changed to my personal account & personal email. How come still cant solve this problem? 

Super User II

If you are on a work computer they can access it - whether they admit to that or not. And they can monitor what you are doing. 

See what devices are doing so at www.dropbox.com/account

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 1

What can i do to solve this problems?

Super User II

Speak to your old employers to ask them to correct the issue. 

Remove the Dropbox from your work machines. 

Unlink your accounts from the web browsers at work

Reupgrade at www.dropbox.com/plans

- - -

Super User II

Just as a side note, if they did downgrade you then it doesn't happen instantly - it will only happen once the paid time has expired. So, it is possible that it happened before you think it did. OR its possible your card was just rejected. 

- - -

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?