cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: As an IT administrator, how do I recover access to active accounts created by departed employees

As an IT administrator, how do I recover access to active accounts created by departed employees

ADFH TMT
New member | Level 2
I need to recover access to accounts that as a business we're being billed for. I don't know the exact email address used, but I do have access to create email addresses on any of the business's domains. I tried creating an account with the address I thought former employee had used to create workspace account, but got no emails from the "forgotten password" option.

Every time I try to go through the support options, it keeps looping me back to the "chat bot" (really a very simplistic menu tree) or the email recover option that does not work.

How do I clean up this shadow IT mess?
Happy to create whatever email addresses on the domain I need to, to recover the account(s), but so far, the forgot password emails have not come through, and yes, I have checked the spam folder.

Ideally I'd like a list of accounts created with company domains, and then advice on how I might get access to them.

I believe the accounts we are being billed for fall under a Dropbox Business account.
1 Reply 1

Re: As an IT administrator, how do I recover access to active accounts created by departed employees

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey, @ADFH TMTthanks for getting in touch on our community. 

If these accounts are part of an active Dropbox Business team, your team admin can find the email addresses in the Members tab of their Admin Console. 

If that’s not the case, and you can provide the payment details for an account, or accounts, our support team should be able to locate the payments, and let you know the email addresses they correspond to. 

If this is something you’d like to try, go ahead and open a new incognito/private browser window (ensuring that you are not signed into any Dropbox account), and head over to this page to submit a help request.

Once you get a confirmation email with a ticket number (or if you already have one), let me know that number here, so I can locate it in our system, and have a look. 

Cheers! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?