cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated backup of workstation to DB

Automated backup of workstation to DB

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there.

I have a Dropbox Business account and currently manage backups of individual workstations in my company. I want to have an automated daily back up of my director's workstation to DB and I believe I will require an app to assist.

I have downloaded AOMEI Backupper and was going to back up to OneDrive path but only have 5GB data which isn't enough. I have 10TB on DB so it seems logical.

My director isn't a Team Admin so I can't log him in for him to take advantage of the storage. 

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Automated backup of workstation to DB

Dropboxer

I guess you could try inputting the path of your director's worksation's Dropbox folder directly and see how it goes @RickHodges but I'm not sure how this would work, taking into consideration that their account is not even a part of your team to begin with; maybe it would be preferable to ask the 3rd party app you use to automate the task about this directly as they might be able to help you set it up further than this point.

I'm not sure if it helps, but here's a list of our active integrations for Dropbox for Business Teams Rick - maybe you'll find something that will do the trick for you there. Take a look below for more information: https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/app-integrations

Let me know if you have any questions.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer

Hey there @RickHodges - welcome to our forums and happy Monday!

I haven't used this app at all so could you tell me what exactly are the steps you take to do this? Also, is your director a member of your team at all? 

Feel free to include any information you think might help our investigation Rick. 

Thank you. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Walter 

Thanks for the reply!

That's my problem, he isn't a member of my team and I didn't want to have to buy another licence for this. I basically want to be able to choose a folder within my business Dropbox as the path to backup to.

I don't have to use this app if there's an equivalent that will integrate with Dropbox. I have included below some screenshots of how I would automate a backup if I was to use OneDrive:

AOEMI 1.JPGAOEMI 2.JPGAOEMI 3.JPGAOEMI 4.JPG

Dropboxer

I guess you could try inputting the path of your director's worksation's Dropbox folder directly and see how it goes @RickHodges but I'm not sure how this would work, taking into consideration that their account is not even a part of your team to begin with; maybe it would be preferable to ask the 3rd party app you use to automate the task about this directly as they might be able to help you set it up further than this point.

I'm not sure if it helps, but here's a list of our active integrations for Dropbox for Business Teams Rick - maybe you'll find something that will do the trick for you there. Take a look below for more information: https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/app-integrations

Let me know if you have any questions.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?