cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Befuddled with moving emails between different Email Apps

Befuddled with moving emails between different Email Apps

B J L
New member | Level 2

I am new to DropBox. I was told at Office Depot that DropBox.com could resolve my problem but after reading some of the information, I can’t see my problem being discussed.

I use MS Outlook for mail and have multiple key documents contained in 9 MS Outlook email messages that must be shared amongst 5 individuals at this time. These individuals may not have the same email app that I have; one has earthlink.net that can’t read Outlook and if I forward certain emails (.MSG), it can’t be read because the earthlink.net server can’t read the large email and attachments (due to its size limitations). Some of these individuals are lawyers and can receiver larger emails. My earthlink user may not want to install MS Outlook.

Yes, I have other solutions such as breaking down the emails to a smaller size but will DropBox resolve my problem? DROPBOT is USELESS and doesn’t understand my problem!

Can anyone tell me if DropBox can automatically “translate/interpret” from one email app to another so that multiple individuals can read emails from different email apps and documents attached to emails? If I’m not clear, Please Reply, and I will try to restate my problem.

Sincerely,

BJL

1 Reply 1

Re: Befuddled with moving emails between different Email Apps

Rich
Super User II

@B J L wrote:

Can anyone tell me if DropBox can automatically “translate/interpret” from one email app to another so that multiple individuals can read emails from different email apps and documents attached to emails?

That's not what Dropbox does and I suspect that's not what was suggested. What it can do is allow you to create a folder in your account that you can then invite other people to. They can join that folder with their own Dropbox account and get access to anything within it. Files are not transferred via email. In fact, other than email being used to send and receive the invitation, email has nothing to do with it.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?