cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Admin email address not receiving password reset emails

Highlighted

Business Admin email address not receiving password reset emails

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

My company has never had widespread Dropbox usage but we are investigating a use case at the moment and I need administrator access to our 'team' account that was created by someone in the marketing team a few years ago and then never used.

This marketing email address is the administrator of the account and no one in the team knows the password; I have access to the email address used but the password reset email does not arrive. I have sent about 7-8 resets over the past week with no luck. I have spoken to our IT providers who tell me there is no email being blocked by spam filtering and I have added Dropbox to the 'ok' senders list.

How can I:

a) recover the admin account - I have access to the email address and so can reset the password, if the email were to arrive.

or

b) be granted admin access to my Dropbox account which is a member of the team and obviously has an email with the same domain as the admin.

Thanks,

Dan

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Business Admin email address not receiving password reset emails

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @danpayne, thanks for checking in. 

In general, to become an admin of a Business team, you'll have to ask another existing admin to make you one

However, if you can't access the account, you can write in to our Support team from this link, via an incognito window, without being sighed in to an account. 

Once you do this, you can get back to me with the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass your comments along. 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I have the exact same problem. Please help!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil,

The ticket number I logged for this is: #11373658.

Thank you!

Dan

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for that @danpayne!

I've just passed along your comments from here to your ticket with my colleague. I can see they recently replied back to you there, so please let me know if you didn't receive their last reply.

Did you have the chance @Gabriela A to submit a ticket with our Support team as Lusil outlined above?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?