cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business account

Business account

New member | Level 2

Hello everyone,

I'm currently taking my PhD in Biochemistry and my P.I. has a business account on Dropbox. My personal dropbox account has a limited storage of 5 gb and because my P.I. asked me to share all my documents and stuff from the PhD I sent him a link to syncronize to my dropbox folder. But now I see myself needing a bit more of storage and because I have the free account I can't upload more files in my shared dropbox folder. 

Is there any way that I can use my P.I. storage for our shared folder, since he has 5 terabytes of storage?

What is the procedure for that? Should I ask him to create a folder at his dropbox and link me to that folder?

Thanks a lot for all the help!

Best

1 Reply 1

Re: Business account

Super User II

@GilbertGuibs wrote:

Is there any way that I can use my P.I. storage for our shared folder, since he has 5 terabytes of storage?

What is the procedure for that? Should I ask him to create a folder at his dropbox and link me to that folder?

He would have to invite you to join his Business account, which uses one of his paid licenses. It would also merge your account into the business account, meaning your account would no longer belong to you.

The only other way would be to upgrade your own account so it has more space.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?