cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera upload and team folder issues

Camera upload and team folder issues

New member | Level 1

I saw the Dropbox ad for team folders and decided to add a team folder for my family to access. It somehow changed my account name to that folder and no longer will do Camera Uploads from my iPhone as it previously did. I tried to reconnect to a Personal Dropbox as the directions state but when I put in my info it tells me I can't connect to the same account.

3 Replies 3

Re: Camera upload and team folder issues

New member | Level 1

Exactly same issue,  please update with a fix. It's an easy one to do. I bet we are not the only ones... 

New member | Level 1

Same here. I thought creating a team folder for family would be a good thing but now I don't have a way of uploading my photos unless I create a new account ?!? That seems rubbish

iCloud is way better then Dropbox on this part which is a shame. I like Dropbox more then iCloud on everything else. 

Dropboxer

Hi there!

Since April 9, 2014 camera uploads is only supported on personal Dropbox accounts, that is why you cannot use the feature when subscribing to a Bussiness account.

The reason Camera Upload is disabled on a Bussiness account is because we want to avoid mixing personal and work files. The only way to add photos and videos to a Dropbox Business account, is by selecting individual files and uploading them manually. 

The only way you can still continue using Camera Uploads is by connecting your computer to your personal Dropbox account, or upgrading your personal account to Dropbox Pro.

Also, Camera Uploads will only upload photos that are located in the Camera or Screenshots folders of your device's photo or gallery app. If your photos are not in this app then they will not be uploaded to Dropbox.

Hope the above helps

Kora 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?