cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Backup my Dropbox for Business Team?

Can I Backup my Dropbox for Business Team?

Explorer | Level 3

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know of a backup solution for Dropbox for business that will back up all users’ accounts that are setup? I have search and cannot seem to find a solution.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox Backup

Dropboxer
Hey Denis,

Your Dropbox Business subscription includes unlimited version history, so any files you delete (so long as you don't mark them for permanent deletion) will be available to recover as long as your subscription is active. This includes being able to transfer the contents of a deleted users account to a new user on your team.

If you're looking for something like a God-mode admin account that can review all user files, presently there isn't a feature exactly like this, however you can sign into your team members accounts using the 'Sign in as' feature outlined here:

https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/help/9185

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Hey Denis,

Your Dropbox Business subscription includes unlimited version history, so any files you delete (so long as you don't mark them for permanent deletion) will be available to recover as long as your subscription is active. This includes being able to transfer the contents of a deleted users account to a new user on your team.

If you're looking for something like a God-mode admin account that can review all user files, presently there isn't a feature exactly like this, however you can sign into your team members accounts using the 'Sign in as' feature outlined here:

https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/help/9185

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 3
Thank you Dorothy.

Dropboxer

Sure thing, always happy to help :grinning face with smiling eyes:

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?