cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I invite a member to my team using an alias email address?

Can I invite a member to my team using an alias email address?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Support.

I have a client, that has a Dropbox Business called fictional.dk They have an employee with an email called xx@fictionalnew.com. Same company and owner, and same Office portal. If i make an email alias, xx@fictional.dk can i use this, to log on??

Kindly Regards

Andreas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Email Alias.

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back in touch with me here with these additional details  Andreas & please accept my apologies for the slight delay in replying.

Please note that you should be able to invite the user in question using the alias email without any issues, so long as they’re not already a member of a different team. 

Hopefully this addresses your account-specific question, though please let me know if you have any more questions & I’ll follow-up with you as closely as possible. Until we talk again, take care & enjoy the rest of your day! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Hey andreas_Unicom, thanks for checking in with us on our Community! 

So as to make sure I’m sending you the most appropriate info, can you please clarify whether you’d like to invite the user in question to your team or whether you’d like to use up a license of their account (with an alias email address perhaps?), so as to work on their team? 

Any detail would be extremely helpful, in order to ensure that I’m following-up with you correctly. 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation & until we talk again, have a lovely rest of your day! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

I would like to make a user, that use up a license.

My client has a Dropbox Business called Workstep.dk. The company has an employee with a xx@mintandfreckles.com email that needs full access to the Workstep Dropbox. We cant invite the xx@mintandfreckles.com, because its not the same Domain (Workstep). We hold both emails, in our office portal, so we can make an Alias (xx@workstep.dk) on the xx@mintandfreckles.com, but my quistion is now, can we do that?

Kindly Regards

Andreas

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back in touch with me here with these additional details  Andreas & please accept my apologies for the slight delay in replying.

Please note that you should be able to invite the user in question using the alias email without any issues, so long as they’re not already a member of a different team. 

Hopefully this addresses your account-specific question, though please let me know if you have any more questions & I’ll follow-up with you as closely as possible. Until we talk again, take care & enjoy the rest of your day! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?