cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I setup shared links without relying on a user's account?

Can I setup shared links without relying on a user's account?

New member | Level 2

I am looking for a way to setup shares that are not reliant on an account.  We recently had an employee leave and the removal of his account resulted in a ton of links he had setup in salesforce go bad.  They all report bad links now.  Is it possible to set shares that are not negated when we remove a user's account?

Thanks

j

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I setup shared links without relying on a user's account?

New member | Level 2

We've already transferred the files, will just have to remake the links it appears

Thanks

J

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dropboxer
Hey Jay, thanks for reaching out on our Community for advice!

I’ve had a similar discussion here & posted some recommendations to a team admin that had the same question. You may have a look at your convenience & let me know how this option works for you here @jpsulli. Thanks & I'll be awating your next message! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Thanks for the reply, we have the sharing environment in place with TEAM folders for all departments, this is a file based share that we lose.  Looks like we'll have to dedicate an account to this and share the credentials

Thanks

J

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back in touch with me here Jay (@jpsulli)!

Just so as to follow-up on what you’re experiencing a bit closer, can you let me know whether you’ve already transferred the user’s files to a different account on your team? If not, please note that you can restore this account temporarily & change the email address connected to it. 

I hope this is helpful & please do keep me updated on how this option works for you here! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

We've already transferred the files, will just have to remake the links it appears

Thanks

J

View solution in original post

Dropboxer
Thanks for letting me know Jay! 

Indeed, that seems to be your best way to go at the moment. Hopefully once you get to recreate your folderstructure, you will not have to repeat in the future. 

In any event, we’re always here in case you need further assistance in the future, so don’t hesitate to get back in touch at any time. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?