cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't share the file with my mom

Can't share the file with my mom

New member | Level 2

I want to re-up my monthly membership and I am the only one using the account in my home and office. However, I want to share with people, like my mom, who are located elsewhere and on other computers. I can open their files. They are unable to open mine. What membership level do I need, and how to I add them so they have permission to view the files I am adding to our shared dropbox file?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't share the file with my mom

Dropboxer
Hey @Alfie03

In general, if you’d like other users to have access to content in your account, irregardless of plans, you can send them a shared folder/file (which gets added to their account) or a shared link (which gives them view access and doesn’t take up space in their account).

However, if you are part of a Business team, you can add them to join. You can also find out more info about their access and how to share with them in this case here

If you’re not sure which subscription you’re currently on, just navigate to your Plan tab

Let me know if there is anything else you’d like to be further clarified or if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Can't share the file with my mom

Dropboxer
Hey @Alfie03

In general, if you’d like other users to have access to content in your account, irregardless of plans, you can send them a shared folder/file (which gets added to their account) or a shared link (which gives them view access and doesn’t take up space in their account).

However, if you are part of a Business team, you can add them to join. You can also find out more info about their access and how to share with them in this case here

If you’re not sure which subscription you’re currently on, just navigate to your Plan tab

Let me know if there is anything else you’d like to be further clarified or if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?