Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot added new distribution list email to new Dropbox - Says they're already a member

ChrisR New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello.

I've been a Dropbox user on the personal side for many years but have just setup a new Dropbox Business account for something stuff I'm doing at work.

When I try to add a brand new distribution group's email address as a member of my team, I'm given this message:

"xxx@xxx is a member of another team and can't be invited."

There's no way this is true since this is a new email address I setup and that hasn't been used by anyone else for anything.

How can I resolve this?  Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Re: Cannot added new distribution list email to new Dropbox - Says they're already a member

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey ChrisR

Welcome to our Community & thanks for posting here on the account-specific issue you’re facing, I hope you’re doing well today! 

In order to address your request in the best possible way (& because this is an account-specific matter that requires accessing your account specifics on our tools), I’ve already made sure to get in touch with you on my end via email through our Official Support channel. You may have a look at your inbox for my message & once you get back in touch with me there, I’ll make sure to gather all relevant info & work towards a solution as soon as possible. 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation & I'm looking forward to your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Cannot added new distribution list email to new Dropbox - Says they're already a member

ChrisR New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

In order to address your request in the best possible way (& because this is an account-specific matter that requires accessing your account specifics on our tools), I’ve already made sure to get in touch with you on my end via email through our Official Support channel. You may have a look at your inbox for my message & once you get back in touch with me there, I’ll make sure to gather all relevant info & work towards a solution as soon as possible. 

Thanks.  I have responded to the email.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
 Great ChrisR & thanks for confirming here, let’s keep this discussion going via email, so as to check the possible causes together. 

Thanks again for checking in with us on the Forum & I’m wishing you a wonderful rest of the day ahead!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?