cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cannot delete a file

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have a couple of large videos that were posted into my dropbox by someone else and I wish to delete them as they are taking up space on my PC but I cannot delete them locally as I do not have permission and cannot change the details to allow me to delete them.  On the Dropbox website the delte button is greyed out for thos files.  How can I delete them as they have now been backed up to a usb.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cannot delete a file

Super User II
Super User II

Were the videos uploaded to a shared folder that you're a member of? If so, and if you were able to delete them, you'd end up deleting them for all members of the share. Instead, you can leave the shared folder and the files will be removed from your account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Were the videos uploaded to a shared folder that you're a member of? If so, and if you were able to delete them, you'd end up deleting them for all members of the share. Instead, you can leave the shared folder and the files will be removed from your account.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Thank you, worked a treat.
Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?