cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove members from a team where I am supposed to be the manager

Cannot remove members from a team where I am supposed to be the manager

Explorer | Level 3

In the memberlist of the teammap I am marked as the manager in a total of 5 members.
However I cannot delete members. Somehow functionality to manage individual members is disabled.

The fact that I am the manager probably is not enough. Do I need an extra qualification to become "Teammanager"?
And, if so, how do I arrange this?

By the way: the procdure from the helpcentre does not help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot remove members from a team where I am supposed to be the manager

Super User II

@Hovel3 wrote:

In the memberlist of the teammap I am marked as the manager in a total of 5 members.
However I cannot delete members. Somehow functionality to manage individual members is disabled.

It sounds like you might only be a Support admin. You need to be a User Management admin or a Team admin to manage team members. The Team admin for your account will need to adjust your permissions. Refer to the following help article:

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Super User II

@Hovel3 wrote:

It sounds like you might only be a Support admin. You need to be a User Management admin or a Team admin to manage team members. The Team admin for your account will need to adjust your permissions. Refer to the following help article:

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 3

Thx for the answer. But it won't help me solve the problem.
I started the account and I did not appoint another person as teammanager.

How could I find the credentials from the teammanager for this team?

Dropboxer

Hey @Hovel3, hope you're well today!

You can find the admins on the team with the steps outlined here. When you do this, can you let me know what your status shows as an admin?

Also, from what you've mentioned I'm wondering if perhaps you might be on a free team. If you check your Plan page here, what subscription do you see for your account?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?