cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

The Dropbox Community is the place to learn how Dropbox Business can work for you, with Business users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Change a team member's login details

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Dear sir, madam,

It looks like someone is using the login of one of our team members: files are being deleted in his name, but he assures us he isn't the one deleting them. Can I change his login details (password) being a Team administrator? I can reset the password, but not change it...

Thank you for helping me out!

Jesse

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Change a team member's login details

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello Jesse, 

As the Dropbox Business Admin, you can change the email of that member by clicking on that member's name , going into their account tab and click on (change) next to the email on the top to an email of your choice.

Then you can reset that team member's password from the admin console and the password reset email will be sent to the new email.

Additionally you can check the activity for your entire team account from the Activity Tab of your Admin Console.

Thanks!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Change a team member's login details

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello Jesse, 

As the Dropbox Business Admin, you can change the email of that member by clicking on that member's name , going into their account tab and click on (change) next to the email on the top to an email of your choice.

Then you can reset that team member's password from the admin console and the password reset email will be sent to the new email.

Additionally you can check the activity for your entire team account from the Activity Tab of your Admin Console.

Thanks!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?