cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a team member's login details

Change a team member's login details

Jesse_G
New member | Level 2

Dear sir, madam,

It looks like someone is using the login of one of our team members: files are being deleted in his name, but he assures us he isn't the one deleting them. Can I change his login details (password) being a Team administrator? I can reset the password, but not change it...

Thank you for helping me out!

Jesse

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change a team member's login details

Zed
Dropboxer

Hello Jesse, 

As the Dropbox Business Admin, you can change the email of that member by clicking on that member's name , going into their account tab and click on (change) next to the email on the top to an email of your choice.

Then you can reset that team member's password from the admin console and the password reset email will be sent to the new email.

Additionally you can check the activity for your entire team account from the Activity Tab of your Admin Console.

Thanks!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Change a team member's login details

Zed
Dropboxer

Hello Jesse, 

As the Dropbox Business Admin, you can change the email of that member by clicking on that member's name , going into their account tab and click on (change) next to the email on the top to an email of your choice.

Then you can reset that team member's password from the admin console and the password reset email will be sent to the new email.

Additionally you can check the activity for your entire team account from the Activity Tab of your Admin Console.

Thanks!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Zed Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?