cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Changed Team Name - All Users Don't See Change

Explorer | Level 4

We recently changed our Dropbox Team name. Some users see a changed name, others do not. How do we push it to every user so we're all using the same name? (We changed to eliminate 10 characters for shorter file paths.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Changed Team Name - All Users Don't See Change

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey again, @paross

For the users that are not seeing the new team name: 

• Have them check that our Dropbox desktop app is running (small Dropbox icon in system tray/menu bar), and that they are signed in to your Business account

• Have them make sure that they’re on our latest stable version, 45.4.92
    • If they’re on a beta build, it means that they have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that they switch this off, and then install our stable build. If this switch remains on, the betas will continue to be installed automatically

• Have them Quit/Exit Dropbox from our system tray/menu bar icon
    • click Dropbox icon, then the Gear icon, then Quit/Exit Dropbox
    • restart the computer (this will start up our app, and they’ll be signed in automatically)
If the above still doesn’t resolve this name change issue, see if you can spot any similarities in these computer’s setup.  

Of course all this is assuming that the name change has occurred for each user online at dropbox.com. If it hasn’t changed there either, how about trying a log out/log in online too?

Let us know how this goes. 

Cheers!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @paross, thanks for sharing this Team name update with us here on the Forum, and hope you’re having a great day so far! 

Is the name update issue on being reflected on the Dropbox desktop app for some of your users?

If so, then it's possible that the members experiencing this issue haven't run the app on their device (since the name update), and for some reason it hasn't re-connected / resumed syncing when their devices when running with an established network connection. 

You can ask that these members manually quit and relaunch the Dropbox app in this case, and make sure they're using the latest Stable Build of the desktop app (45.4.92). 

If this is not the case, and they still see the old Team name when signing in online as well, please let me know so we can further troubleshoot and investigate. 🔎

Thanks and look forward to hearing back from you with any updates!

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Karina,

Thank you for your reply. I was running v46.3.60. I quit DropBox and relaunched and my machine still shows the old group name. I also rebooted with no effect. 

I have run the installer for v45.4.92 as you suggested. Running this version, it shows that my files are indexing but the folder still shows the old group name. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey again, @paross

For the users that are not seeing the new team name: 

• Have them check that our Dropbox desktop app is running (small Dropbox icon in system tray/menu bar), and that they are signed in to your Business account

• Have them make sure that they’re on our latest stable version, 45.4.92
    • If they’re on a beta build, it means that they have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that they switch this off, and then install our stable build. If this switch remains on, the betas will continue to be installed automatically

• Have them Quit/Exit Dropbox from our system tray/menu bar icon
    • click Dropbox icon, then the Gear icon, then Quit/Exit Dropbox
    • restart the computer (this will start up our app, and they’ll be signed in automatically)
If the above still doesn’t resolve this name change issue, see if you can spot any similarities in these computer’s setup.  

Of course all this is assuming that the name change has occurred for each user online at dropbox.com. If it hasn’t changed there either, how about trying a log out/log in online too?

Let us know how this goes. 

Cheers!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?