cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changeing the name of My Dropbox

Changeing the name of My Dropbox

New member | Level 2

When I set up Dropbox originally, I gave it a name now would like the main dropbox name changed. How con I do this?

Not talking about changing names on Folders, but the Dropbox Account name I need to change.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changeing the name of My Dropbox

Super User II

It wont change without you unlinking Dropbox totally, deleting the local install files etc. on your machine (including the 'Dropbox' folder) and then reinstalling and installing a new Dropbox setup.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Collaborator | Level 8

Hey ETerrezza,

I'm Dan, one of the Dropbox Super Users; I'll try and help you out.

If you're referring to the email address that you use to sign in with, or the name registered to your Dropbox account then this can be done easily using the following steps:

1) Login to your account at Dropbox.com

2) Click on your profile picture in the top right of the screen then click on "Settings"

3) In here you'll have the option to update your email address, or full name associated with the account

I hope this helps, if I've misunderstood please let me know

Regards

Dan

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am using Dropbox for Business and I have a similar problem.  I recently changed the name of my business.  I initially renamed the main Dropbox folder in the finder window of my mac.  Disaster.  Dropbox 'deleted' all my shared folders etc. etc. etc. and I was left with very little.  I then restored the files from the website.  Fine - busy re-uploading to my computer as I am typing this.

I then googled and found out that I have to change my business name through the Admin Console online.  Fine.  Did this and all data was updated online.  But not on my laptop.  Still has the old business name.  How do I change this, or is it as simple as a reboot?

Best,

Jaco van Rensburg

South Africa

Super User II

It wont change without you unlinking Dropbox totally, deleting the local install files etc. on your machine (including the 'Dropbox' folder) and then reinstalling and installing a new Dropbox setup.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?