cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to file location not sticking

Changes to file location not sticking

Michael M.11
New member | Level 1

I need dropbox installed on my server. The server has a C drive which is the default location for dropbox, but it has only 59GB of space, and it has a 😧 drive which has tons of space. I use the SETTINGS, PREFERENCES, ACCOUNT and then MOVE button to move the file locations to D, but the changes never stick and I keep getting stuck with the original users/admin/dropbox location. I am attempting to make the modifications as ADMINISTRATOR. Without being able to do this Dropbox is essentially useless to me. HELP.

Sincerely,

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changes to file location not sticking

Rick M.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

You (admin or not) cannot make that move - the Dropbox client software has to make that move.

Furthermore, To use dropbox on a server requires the subscriber to remain logged in - it can be done.

If you were just on a PC, do not use the web interface, but run the dropbox client, Preferences, Account, and change "Location". Dropbox
will take care of it.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Changes to file location not sticking

Rick M.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

You (admin or not) cannot make that move - the Dropbox client software has to make that move.

Furthermore, To use dropbox on a server requires the subscriber to remain logged in - it can be done.

If you were just on a PC, do not use the web interface, but run the dropbox client, Preferences, Account, and change "Location". Dropbox
will take care of it.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rick M. Experienced Collaborator | Level 13
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?