cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to file location not sticking

Changes to file location not sticking

New member | Level 1

I need dropbox installed on my server. The server has a C drive which is the default location for dropbox, but it has only 59GB of space, and it has a :anguished face: drive which has tons of space. I use the SETTINGS, PREFERENCES, ACCOUNT and then MOVE button to move the file locations to D, but the changes never stick and I keep getting stuck with the original users/admin/dropbox location. I am attempting to make the modifications as ADMINISTRATOR. Without being able to do this Dropbox is essentially useless to me. HELP.

Sincerely,

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changes to file location not sticking

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

You (admin or not) cannot make that move - the Dropbox client software has to make that move.

Furthermore, To use dropbox on a server requires the subscriber to remain logged in - it can be done.

If you were just on a PC, do not use the web interface, but run the dropbox client, Preferences, Account, and change "Location". Dropbox
will take care of it.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Changes to file location not sticking

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

You (admin or not) cannot make that move - the Dropbox client software has to make that move.

Furthermore, To use dropbox on a server requires the subscriber to remain logged in - it can be done.

If you were just on a PC, do not use the web interface, but run the dropbox client, Preferences, Account, and change "Location". Dropbox
will take care of it.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rick M. Experienced Collaborator | Level 12
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?