cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicted files when using QuickBooks

Conflicted files when using QuickBooks

New member | Level 1

thanks for your quick response. however, we are not opening the same file at the same time. one of us is posting QB checks on a laptop via dropbox for a client
upstairs and I am posting qb checks to a different client downstairs in my office and another is posting checks from her house a few miles away on her computer. I am the admin computer. later, when we go into drop box we will have conflicting files from "laptop" or "other computer" do I have something set up wrong. Thanks for you help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: CONFLICTING FILES

New member | Level 1

You cant open different copies of a file on each machine, make updates and expect them to appear in the other copies of the file.
Example : excel file on 3 machines, all 3 machines open it and all three machines update cell (A1) to different values, or different cells to different values, then save the file, all 3 files are now in conflict with each other when the sync process is attempted. QuickBook files are just a database file, you cant expect different copies of the file when updated to merge their content.
FYI: QB can open the SAME file (on a network drive) and correctly update the parts it needs to, but that is the same file, not 3 different copies.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: CONFLICTING FILES

New member | Level 1

You cant open different copies of a file on each machine, make updates and expect them to appear in the other copies of the file.
Example : excel file on 3 machines, all 3 machines open it and all three machines update cell (A1) to different values, or different cells to different values, then save the file, all 3 files are now in conflict with each other when the sync process is attempted. QuickBook files are just a database file, you cant expect different copies of the file when updated to merge their content.
FYI: QB can open the SAME file (on a network drive) and correctly update the parts it needs to, but that is the same file, not 3 different copies.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?