cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Deleting a shared file folder

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I was trying to download - one file from a shared Dropbox account- somehow the whole companies Dropbox downloaded to my C drive. When i try to delete the large file- i get error messages saying i do not have permission . After being on Microsofts tech support for two hours- they gave up and sent me here. /I have gone under Properties ,Security etc - changed admin rights to no avail. How do i delete this large file.

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Deleting a shared file folder

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @johniiicsi, I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you!

I'll just need a bit more info to make sure that I have a better understanding of your concern. For example:

• Did you sync the folder to your desktop app or did you manually download the shared folder from the website? 
  • Out of curiosity, are you able to move the folder to another location by any chance?
  • Could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Good morning.

I manually downloaded from the shared files.

I have not tried to move.

I have tried with under security settings to give permission - still stops at 22% deleting.

Thanks

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me and for including the screenshots, @johniiicsi

Since you manually downloaded this folder and it's not included inside your Dropbox folder (as it's not syncing), it's just like any other folder on your computer. 

Having said that, could it be that there's a third party app running that's preventing you from deleting this folder? Could you check your Task Manager for some additional info too?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?