cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document App Suggestion (Word 365 Alternative)

Highlighted

Document App Suggestion (Word 365 Alternative)

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I create documents for my team in my desktop version of Word, and don't want to buy an office 365 subscription for my tiny team to be able to do minimal text updates in the field from their phones or ipads.

Is there a lightweight document editing app that anyone suggests for editing .doc files in dropbox? I do NOT want anything that's going to automatically save the team documents to some outside, personal account (like Google Docs), or that changes the file format. Just a lightweight app to read and input text to these docs in Dropbox Business.

My team uses ios and android.

Thanks so much for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Document App Suggestion (Word 365 Alternative)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, currently the only official app that can edit docx files is Word itself, at least directly via the Dropbox site or mobile app.

There is a possibility that a third party app or service can make changes to docx files, however their features and saving abilities might vary between them.

I’ll leave this thread open to other community members to see if they have any other suggestions for you!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Document App Suggestion (Word 365 Alternative)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, currently the only official app that can edit docx files is Word itself, at least directly via the Dropbox site or mobile app.

There is a possibility that a third party app or service can make changes to docx files, however their features and saving abilities might vary between them.

I’ll leave this thread open to other community members to see if they have any other suggestions for you!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?