Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Downgraded Business account - how to remove old members' boxes?

Explorer | Level 3

We used to have a paid version of Dropbox, but we downgraded it.  

After we downgraded to the free version, I still have my members listed, but when I try to remove them, I only have the ability to remove the member's shared folders and convert their accounts to a personal version.  Some of the employees are no longer part of the company. 

How can I remove the members access from using their old company branded dropbox account instead of converting it to a personal version?  For legal reasons, we do not want the users to use their company branded dropboxes. 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Downgraded Business account - how to remove old members' boxes?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Wyumez, I hope you're well today!

So it sounds like you're still part of a free team after downgrading from the Business plan.

In this case, you do have limited actions that you can take in comparison to the paid Business plan. One of this actions not available would be to delete the accounts when removing them from the team.

If the accounts are under emails that belong to a company domain or that you or your IT department can access, then you can gain access to the Dropbox accounts by requesting password resets. This way you could delete them manually.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?