cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Business Icons missing (Smart Sync)

Dropbox Business Icons missing (Smart Sync)

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there

I am using dropbox (business) on my macbook and since 1 or 2 weeks I have the recurring problem, that my smart sync icons are missing in my finder windows. I can still right-click on it to see the options to either store it locally or only have it in the cloud, but the icon is missing. The syncing still works, but I have no indication.

Restarting my computer does not help. Relaunching the finder sometimes helps, but I just want it to work.

What has changed or what could be the reason for this?

Cheers

J

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox Business Icons missing (Smart Sync)

Dropboxer
Hey @jones_, welcome to our community! 

Issues like this are sometimes caused by using a beta version of our desktop app. Please make sure you’re using the latest stable version of our desktop app, currently 43.4.49.

A beta version is denoted by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If you are on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that you switch this off, and then install our stable build. 

Have a look at this, and let me know

Cheers!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 4

I may have just stumbled on a possible fix for people having this problem on a Mac. I have had an intermittent problem with the icon badges not showing up on some (but not all) of the folders in our team DropBox since installing MacOS X 10.13 High Sierra. Syncing is working perfectly, but seemingly random folders would not show their file badges. I opened DropBox's preferences panel, and on the "General" tab, noticed a checkbox to "Enable Finder Integration." I unchecked this box to turn it off, changed my mind and rechecked it on until I could read up on it's exact function, and suddenly all of the file badges that had been previously missing were again visible. I'm assuming that this forced the preference file to be rewritten, or reread by the system, fixing whatever had gone wrong. Hopefully this tip will be helpful to someone else.

30 Replies 30

Dropboxer
Hey @jones_, welcome to our community! 

Issues like this are sometimes caused by using a beta version of our desktop app. Please make sure you’re using the latest stable version of our desktop app, currently 43.4.49.

A beta version is denoted by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If you are on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that you switch this off, and then install our stable build. 

Have a look at this, and let me know

Cheers!

Sanchez

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Ok. I do indeed have a beta version. I removed the tick online and hope for a better dropbox experience . Thank you

Dropboxer

OK, @jones_, keep me posted

Sanchez

Explorer | Level 3

Hm. Well it does not downgrade dropbox to a non beta version. So I think I'll have to wait... So far no improvement, which seems logic though.

Super User II
Once you have a beta installed, you'll stay on betas until you manually install a stable version.

Dropboxer
Hey jones_, I’m just following-up on your initial inquiry, has this been resolved for you? Have you been able to see Rich’s reply by any chance? 

Please keep us updated on the progress here, thanks! 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Smart sync symbols still missing

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there

Unfortunately this post is not resolved:

https:confused face:/www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Dropbox-Business-Icons-missing-Smart-Sync...

I wanted to give it some time, but I have still missing icons.

(That's why I waited with setting the answer as the solution)

And now I do have a stable version installed, but the icons are still missing.

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 18.15.31.png

Unfortunately I could not reopen the issue, so I am asking for the same again.

Relaunching the finder sometimes helps, but not always...

Cheers

Betreff: Smart sync symbols still missing

Explorer | Level 3

Actually it does not at all anymore now. I can restart my computer, restart Dropbox or relaunch the finder. No help at all...

Betreff: Smart sync symbols still missing

Dropboxer
Hey @jones_, sorry to hear about this. Would you be OK with posting a screenshot of your local Dropbox folder here? If so, can you make sure that the entire window is showing?

It’s very likely that we’ll need to put you in touch with our support team for further troubleshooting, so if you’re not comfortable showing us the screenie here, we can just have you do it over email with one of our agents. 

Let me know. 
Thanks! 

Sanchez

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?