cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Business Payment after trial period

juanvsg24
Explorer | Level 4

Good evening ,

Hope you guys can help me with this issue.

I´m a long time user of DB Basic and one month ago I realized I needed more space for my new business, so I tried the DB Business free trial.

Yesterday my DB Business trial period finished. I´m satisfied with the product, however I think DB Plus is enough for the needs of my business, thats why I would like to purchase that plan.

However, today I received a mail (in Spanish) that says as follows :

"We couldn`t charge the payment of your Dropbox Business suscription. Don`t worry, we will keep trying during the next days. Make sure that your payment information is up to date in order to charge the payment."

After reading this, I manually finished the DB Business trial in order to purchase DB Plus. I would like to clarify the following questions:

- After the unsuccesful charge of the payment, and the cancellation of the DB Business trial, will the DP System keep trying to charge the suscription renewall to my debit card?. The bill was of 450 USD. I do not have that amount in my bank account, and honestly, my business cannot afford that payment.

- I need to upgrade to DB Plus but when I try to pay the systems tells me to change my payment information. I guess that the system wants me to change the payment methos after the unsuccesful charge of the DB Business subscription renewall. Could you please allow my debit card so I can pay DB Plus and keep working with my files?

Thanks in advance for you help. 

Sincerely 

Juan

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox Business Payment after trial period

Super User
Super User

Unfortunately this is the user to user community forums. Occasionally Dropboxers participate in the community, however it is not guaranteed. The best thing for you to do would be contact support directly.

Being a business customer or recently expired customer this should apply to you. You'll need to wait till Monday and normal business hours.

Contact -  https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/contact-support  

Response times - https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/customer-support-levels

----

1paw.png If this has helped you, please "kudo" this post.
2paw.png If it has solved your issue please "Accept as Solution".

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Couple of varied answers here that hopefully will get you set up...  At the end of a trial, we try to upgrade, so please be sure that you have cancelled out of the trial. At the moment the trial account isn't active as a full team, but again, just make sure you are cancelled. 

Once cancelled, it will stop trying to purchase the Business account upgrade, thus preventing the big charge that it is trying to make.

Also, we have no control over the billing instruments, so I would contact your bank if, after cancelling the business trial completely, you are still unable to purchase Professional.  They may be able to resolve whatever issue is causing your blockage. 

Feel free to follow up if you have any additional questions!

juanvsg24
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the help!. I will give a follow after I get an answer from the Support Team, I sent them an e-mail some days ago.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?