cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Team Issue

Dropbox Team Issue

Highlander1976
New member | Level 2
Good morning everyone,

I have a client of mine that accepted a Dropbox team link and is now a part of a team that he does. It want to be in. From what I understand, it says his account is merged with the new team. He has been added as an admin but wants to remove himself from the group. From what I am reading, If he attempts to remove himself or have his account removed from the group team, it says that all of his data will be deleted. He has terra-bytes of data that he doesn’t want to lose

Would somebody know how he can remove himself from the group without losing his data? Is there an option to remove him from a team but not have his data purged?

Thanks in advance
2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox Team Issue

Highlander1976
New member | Level 2

I did a test and had the team suspend my customers account and it locked him fully out of his Dropbox.  This is not good.  Is there a way to create a support ticket with Dropbox to get this fixed asap?  

Thanks,

Andrew V.

Re: Dropbox Team Issue

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Highlander1976, thanks for reaching out to our Community!

Suspending a team member doesn't remove them from the team and deleting them completely, will delete their account and files. 

In this case, a different admin of that team, will need to remove your client by converting their account to an individual Dropbox Basic account instead. 

That way, they are removed from the team and get to keep their personal files. 

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Highlander1976 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?