cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox permissions audit?

Dropbox permissions audit?

New member | Level 2

I need to generate an audit of our users which shows their name, the last time they accessed dropbox and the permissions they have (group memberships).

Any idea how I can go about this in the least painful, most automated way possible? Can any of the activity reports generate this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox permissions audit?

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back in touch  Deborah C.16, please accept my apologies for the tardy reply! 

When it comes to the list of groups a user belongs to, you may keep in mind that this activity isn’t currently available on the admin console. I was able to run a search on my end though & I found out that the closest available option to get the .csv file can be found here

Hopefully this tip will help you organize your workflow according to your nbeeds should you decide to go per this advice. 

That being said, I’m also here just in case you have more questions, so let me know on this communication.
Hope you have a lovely rest of the day ahead! 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer

Hey Deborah C.16, welcome to the Dropbox Forum! 

Provided that you can access the admin console, you could create an "Activity" for the "Sign in" sessions of your team members & also check the actions under the "Groups" section.

Folowing, you could use the "Create report" option, which will generate a .csv file that you'll receive on your email. 

Hope this answers your question, though I'm always here in case you need further assistance. 

Wishing you a great rest of the day! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

Thanks Jane. The sign in sessions is a good start, but I cannot see anything in the activity report which allows me to generate a list of groups the user is a member of. I think I'll have to do that part manually off the Groups console? All the group and membership activities are about changing the configuration of those as far as I can see, not merely listing membership.

Frustrating but at least one part can be slightly automated.

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back in touch  Deborah C.16, please accept my apologies for the tardy reply! 

When it comes to the list of groups a user belongs to, you may keep in mind that this activity isn’t currently available on the admin console. I was able to run a search on my end though & I found out that the closest available option to get the .csv file can be found here

Hopefully this tip will help you organize your workflow according to your nbeeds should you decide to go per this advice. 

That being said, I’m also here just in case you have more questions, so let me know on this communication.
Hope you have a lovely rest of the day ahead! 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?