cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox restarts again and again

Explorer | Level 4

Since three weeks the Dropbox is crashed, it restarts again and again, with a messeage "New files will start as local. Your admin updated this share sync setting for your team.". After 2 seconds closes and restarts the dropbox automatically. It repeats again and again. We have Mac Mojave. Uninstall and re-install didn't work.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox restarts again and again

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @FHF,

Since you've already given a reinstall a try, have you also tried disabling your antivirus, security programs, or ensured that you have configured your firewall to work Dropbox? It could be that a third-party app is blocking the startup process. 

Additionally, are you connected by any chance connected to a work network? If you are, I'd recommend checking with your company's IT team as there could be an update on your firewall settings or any other security measure affecting your connection. 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the reply. We don't have any firewall, only AirPort? Could that be the problem?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I have the same exact issue starting today. driving me crazy. I also reinstalled it. but no luck. it just keeps crashing and restarting. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @FHF

Could you try directly connecting to your WiFi connection and see if there's a change in behavior? 

And, sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this, @C505INC.

Could you please clarify for me if you've also tried checking if there's any third party app like a security program that could be interacting and hindering the startup process of the Dropbox desktop app? Have you configured your firewall to work Dropbox too?

Let me know what you find, peeps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?