cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit access changing to view access

Edit access changing to view access

Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to provide edit access to a shared folder to a business colleague.  When I share the folder its is clearly marked edit access but when he receives the email it only provides him with view access.

I have 14 other individuals who have edit access to this folder with no issues.  I have even deleted some members to ensure it is not an account access limit issue.

Can you please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Edit access changing to view access

Dropboxer
Hi there @SteveRod!

Initially, could the user in question be in a team where the sharing setting Editing external folders is set to Off? You can find more info concerning this here

If this isn’t the case, could you please let me know if you’re able to share with this user another folder with editing rights at all? Are you seeing any error message - in which case, could you please send us a screenshot so as to have a better understanding?

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Hi there @SteveRod!

Initially, could the user in question be in a team where the sharing setting Editing external folders is set to Off? You can find more info concerning this here

If this isn’t the case, could you please let me know if you’re able to share with this user another folder with editing rights at all? Are you seeing any error message - in which case, could you please send us a screenshot so as to have a better understanding?

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the response and suggestions Lusil.

I have forwarded your query regarding the file sharing settings to my team member to investigate.  I will advise if this does the trick and if not I will send you some screenshots to view.

Regards

Steve

Dropboxer

No problem, Steve, aka @SteveRod! Do keep me updated on the matter and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. In the mean time, have a wonderful day ahead! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?