cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error When Trying to Deleting App from Computer

Error When Trying to Deleting App from Computer

New member | Level 2

When I got to delete the drop box app from my computer it says it can't because the app is open, but in fact the app is not open or running. HELP! I want to delete the app from my computer. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 8.22.45 AM.png

1 Reply 1

Re: Error When Trying to Deleting App from Computer

Dropboxer

Hi @beckyo14; thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with uninstalling our desktop app from your Mac computer.

In order to fix this issue, would you mind opening the 'Activity Monitor' utility on your computer, normally located under Applications > Utilities, to see if there are any other processes associated with Dropbox that may be preventing Dropbox from being removed from your device?

Once you have launched 'Activity Monitor', if you see any items that refer to Dropbox, or recognize any programs that you may have linked to Dropbox. Could you please perform the following steps?

• Click on the line that references the process to select it
  • Click on the 'X' at the top left corner of the screen. Be careful not to click on the 'X' that closes the window, but the one that will 'Force a process to quit'.

After you've done so, please try to follow the normal uninstall instructions

Let me know how it goes, Becky. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?