cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when accepting admin invite for Dropbox Business "You must have a Dropbox Business account..."

Error when accepting admin invite for Dropbox Business "You must have a Dropbox Business account..."

Not-Me
Explorer | Level 3

I was invited to join our business account as an admin.  I thought I previously had an account at name@company.com.  However, the app doesn't allow me to login with that.  

I tried to reset password - but never received a password reset link in email.

So I tried creating a new account, and that worked.  However, when I think clicked on the accept admin link for "You've been made an administrator of the Company Dropbox account", the page gives me an error:

You must have a Dropbox Business account to access that page.

Our company account has support (but since I can't connect to it, I get only chatbot).  I tried a search of the forum, but can't find a match.

Thanks,

Not Me

5 Replies 5

Re: Error when accepting admin invite for Dropbox Business "You must have a Dropbox Business acco...

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @Not-Me; welcome aboard!

Can you please let me know if you get the same error when trying to accept this invite through an incognito window? 

In case you do, have you double checked that you're using the exact same email address as the one that the invite was originally sent to?

Any additional information will be more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Error when accepting admin invite for Dropbox Business "You must have a Dropbox Business ac

Not-Me
Explorer | Level 3

Yes - I get the same situation in Incognito (although I should have checked that myself - good suggestion).

And yes, the email address is the same.  I don't want to share the specifics on a public forum, but the company name and email address have been double checked.

NotMe

Re: Error when accepting admin invite for Dropbox Business "You must have a Dropbox Business ac

Walter
Dropboxer
Thanks for the follow up @Not-Me; much appreciated. 

May I reach out via email to have a further look into this?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Not-Me
Explorer | Level 3

That would be awesome - much appreciated.

Walter
Dropboxer
No worries @Not-Me; you've got mail.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?