cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expiry of deleted file logs

Expiry of deleted file logs

New member | Level 2

Dears All,

i need to know  if a file is deleted from dropbox then how long it will stay in deleted files log and these deleted files take space of my dropbox storage?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Expiry of deleted file logs

Dropboxer
Hey Horizon, that’s a great question, let me send over some details below! 

As an initial point of reference, you may keep in mind that there is a 30-day window (or 120 days on a Business plan) when it comes to file recovery & (in most cases) you can restore missing content on your own account from your Events” page, where you can monitor any file additions/ deletions/ edits in shared folders. If you’d like more information about file restorations, please have a look here

Once you delete your files or remove your access from shared folders, these no longer take up space on your account. 

Hope this answers your question & please keep me updated in case you need more info or you have additional queries. Wishing you a lovely rest of the day ahead & a great weekend! 

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Expiry of deleted file logs

Dropboxer
Hey Horizon, that’s a great question, let me send over some details below! 

As an initial point of reference, you may keep in mind that there is a 30-day window (or 120 days on a Business plan) when it comes to file recovery & (in most cases) you can restore missing content on your own account from your Events” page, where you can monitor any file additions/ deletions/ edits in shared folders. If you’d like more information about file restorations, please have a look here

Once you delete your files or remove your access from shared folders, these no longer take up space on your account. 

Hope this answers your question & please keep me updated in case you need more info or you have additional queries. Wishing you a lovely rest of the day ahead & a great weekend! 

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?