cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File found in my folder that I did not put there.

File found in my folder that I did not put there.

New member | Level 2

Dear Representatives, I recently noticed that I may have been hacked. I backed up, formatted and reinstalled windows 10. I just went on your site to add a friend to share files and found the following link in two of my folders. I accidentally clicked on it once. I changed my password right after this. Could you have your security/admin search your user files and see if this may be in other's folders and when they were place and by whom. Your security team should also ensure that this link does not compromize your system or user's computers. My Kaspersky did not complain, but i did not play the video either. The link is: [link removed by moderator]

Thank You'William [personal information removed by moderator]

3 Replies 3

Re: File found in my folder that I did not put there.

Super User II

The link you posted is only valid to you while you're logged into your account. It's not valid for anyone else that clicks on it.

If you feel your account has been compromised, you should not only change your password, but you should also verify that there are no unknown devices or sessions on your Security page.

New member | Level 2

Thank You!. That helps a lot. Now I have to check about Microsoft Office Online, which I do not use. How do I unlink it?? I am going back to read the Read More about Linked Apps

Super User II

@William H.12 wrote:

Now I have to check about Microsoft Office Online, which I do not use. How do I unlink it??

You can review and unlink apps from your Connected Apps page.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?