cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Team and work Dropbox on Dropbox Basic

Free Team and work Dropbox on Dropbox Basic

New member | Level 2

I have a personal Dropbox (Basic) and noticed I can utilise a work Dropbox (linked to a work email). Would I be able to link them using a Free Team functionality?
I tried following the guide online but I always get to a stage on dropbox.com/team and I never get an option to create a team. Instead, I get a create a work Dropbox/convert to work Dropbox screen. Am I missing something? Will I be able to link personal and work dropboxes?Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 12.25.58.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Free Team and work Dropbox on Dropbox Basic

Dropboxer
Hey @lpriba, welcome to our forum! 

It sounds like you would like to have a personal Dropbox and a work Dropbox, and have them connected, so that you can switch back and forth with ease. You can do this, but you’ll have to create a second Dropbox account, and use it to create the free team. 

You can create a free team like this: 

If you are using a Dropbox account with a personal email address:
  1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Navigate to dropbox.com/team.
  3. You will be prompted to enter a work email address, if you have one.
  4. If you don't have a work email address—in other words, you're using your personal email address for work—click create a team now.
  5. Enter your company or organization name.
  6. Invite members to join your team.
  7. Click Create team.
Once you have the free team set up, you can log in and then connect your personal account! 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. 
Have a great weekend

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dropboxer
Hey @lpriba, welcome to our forum! 

It sounds like you would like to have a personal Dropbox and a work Dropbox, and have them connected, so that you can switch back and forth with ease. You can do this, but you’ll have to create a second Dropbox account, and use it to create the free team. 

You can create a free team like this: 

If you are using a Dropbox account with a personal email address:
  1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Navigate to dropbox.com/team.
  3. You will be prompted to enter a work email address, if you have one.
  4. If you don't have a work email address—in other words, you're using your personal email address for work—click create a team now.
  5. Enter your company or organization name.
  6. Invite members to join your team.
  7. Click Create team.
Once you have the free team set up, you can log in and then connect your personal account! 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. 
Have a great weekend

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Hi Sanchez,

Thanks for your message.

Yes, effectively I'm trying to join up my personal and work accounts. I have created an account with my work email, but when I go to dropbox.com/team I'm redirected back to dropbox.com/personal with a message "no team or invites found" at the top of the screen. When I do the same from my personal account I get the same situation as described in my previous message. Effectively I'm never given an option to create a team (or at least I don't know how to find it, quite frustrating!)Capture.PNG 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?