cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: GDPR - server location

Super User II
Super User II
Actually, to add here that the dates I gave are when it came in to effect within the UK (hence my UK link).

If your country has had requirements and compliance enforcements longer than this then its different

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Interesting .... I was informed, as small business owner we would need to buy more licenses .... + half of what we have at the moment, which is NO WHERE near +250.

Drop Box has to get their story aligned.

I don't believe that our files are secure in the USA.

We're now getting a server installed in our office.

We're sorry that we have to leave Drop Box Business but this is absolutely unacceptable ....

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

As a small business owner based in Europe and therefore not important to Dropbox I've downgraded my plan...

I think that a reasonable price increase would be acceptable to many small businesses, but Dropbox never gave the small business owners a chance.

I looked and found another solution. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Just an update on this matter, the requirements for Dropbox Business teams to store their data on an EU server has been reduced to just 15 licenses.

If there are team admins interested in this option, they’ll need to get in contact with the sales team directly.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you for answering.

Unfortunatly also small companies have to garantee GDPR rules.

Highlighted

New Super User
New Super User

What is the GDPR rule that you are worried about @fh1 that Dropbox doesn't fulfill? 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Saving data outside the EU is a major problem.

Highlighted

New Super User
New Super User

Can you cite the specific rule that states that?

Highlighted

New Super User
New Super User

I just dont understand how that is possible since there are US based companies that service the EU and store data in the US and other countries outside the EU.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Has the required number of licences for EU server placement been reduced further since this comment?

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?