cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM and I are supposed to be on same account (Team). Why am I then asked to upgrade/resubscribe?

GM and I are supposed to be on same account (Team). Why am I then asked to upgrade/resubscribe?

Holyship
New member | Level 2

Firstly, I am surprised that this technology platform is so lacking in customer service that my only way to reach out for help at this point is to ask a "community question". Wow. Yet there is no issue in prompting for "upgrades" or "resubscriptions". 

I am hoping that customer service will be provided and I am contacted directly by someone at Dropbox,  please.

The issue:

My General Manager has visibility of a "Team" Account (which all team members can access and which I am admin).

I have visbibility of what I thought was the same Account, as we have been sharing 4 folders and working well  until I have been disabled access to the files and directed to upgrade to a "Business Plan". This makes no sense. Why should each user suddenly now have to pay money per month for access? And why is it that we are seeing different accounting prompts?

I tried to troubleshoot - even merge the two accounts. But no luck.

We hope to resolve this as a matter of urgency please. And, if Dropbox has company integrity, a swift response from the company directly is best approach we believe.

2 Replies 2

Re: GM and I are supposed to be on same account (Team). Why am I then asked to upgrade/resubscribe?

Rich
Super User II

@Holyship wrote:

Why should each user suddenly now have to pay money per month for access? And why is it that we are seeing different accounting prompts?

It sounds like you're not actually a member of the team, and instead were just invited to a shared folder instead. If you have access to the admin console for the team, check the members list to make sure that your account is listed.

Re: GM and I are supposed to be on same account (Team). Why am I then asked to upgrade/resubscribe?

Holyship
New member | Level 2

Oh... yes ... forgot to mention to the wider dropbox community that 

IF you want to have direct help, you will follow the loop of "getting support" or "contact us" which is balderdash.

Until you contact SALES https://experience.dropbox.com/contact because you want to UPGRADE. 

Am I just a tech laggard or does anyone else find this crap service?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Holyship New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?