cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a notification for shared team folders despite not being a team member

Getting a notification for shared team folders despite not being a team member

dbdb
New member | Level 2

I was invited to join a Dropbox team. In the end I didn't go through with joining, because I didn't want to merge my account or create a new personal account. To my surprise, after some time I received an email "Activity in Shared Folders" which listed recent activity in the team shared folder, including detailed information on who edited what files. I can't actually access the files, but I still see the names of team members and filenames.

I stress that I am not a team member, but I received notifications about what is happening inside the shared team folder.

Is this intended behavior? Seems more like a bug.

1 Reply 1

Re: Getting a notification for shared team folders despite not being a team member

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @dbdb, thanks for posting today!

It sounds like you might have a pending invite to join a Dropbox Business team, if you're not seeing other team members on this page.

If this is the case, ask the team admin to cancel your invite to the team via the admin console on their end.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?