Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Getting no help from Dropbox

Explorer | Level 4

We use Dropbox for Business for our company.  We have been using Dropbox since we started the company 7 years ago and now are quite large.  A few days ago one of my staff deleted a whole bunch of files by accident.  We are having a hell of a job getting them back.  Today I got the following email from one of my staff who is Admin to our account:

"Just a quick update for you – we’ve spoken with dropbox and they were, as expected, totally unhelpful.  She said she’s unable to do anything over the phone, she’s going to email me some forms to fill in and send back.  She wants the event links (which we can’t give her because they’re no longer on our events page) and a list of the files we want restored (which we’ll have trouble with also, because half the problem is we don’t know the full extent of what is still deleted, and the other half the problem is there are so many of them).

I asked her if she can just click on XXX name and restore everything that he deleted that nobody else has since been in and modified and she said no they can’t do that.  I asked what the point is in filling in the forms then if we are going to be unable to provide you with an enourmous list of thousands and thousands and thousands of file names?  And she said to just send what we can, there’s zero point talking to her about it because everything must be done by email and then passed on to “restoration”.   Can I speak with restoration then?  No.   (FYI I had already emailed dropbox about this and gotten a totally useless response from them).  

Now waiting on her email forms.   More later.

PS: I also asked her why they do not have an Asia Pacific helpdesk number so that we can ring her during our own business hours and she said they already do, they have a global number thats available during all business hours.  So I asked for that number, and surprise surprise, its the US number and the all busines hours is the 8am to 8pm EST. "

This is just awful customer service.   When we first started out, we used to get prompt and helpful help when something went wrong - now - nothing.  Has anyone any advice on what we do?  Other than just leaving Dropbox (which is are obviously now evaluating again, give this fiasco).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Getting no help from Dropbox

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Sarah,

I am really sorry to hear about this experience.

I have now opened a case so we can investigate this further offline

Thanks,
Vicky

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Getting no help from Dropbox

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Sarah,

I am really sorry to hear about this experience.

I have now opened a case so we can investigate this further offline

Thanks,
Vicky

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?