Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help! All day I've been trying to upload a folder and have trying to upload a file

Explorer | Level 4

Nothing works!  I've been using dropbox for ages and never had this problem.  I've tried uploading a folder. Nope. Tried just a single file. Nope. Tried dragging and dropping. Nope.  Tried online help...got cut off.  What is going on with Dropbox!?!?!

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Help! All day I've been trying to upload a folder and have trying to upload a file

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
have you tried uninstall/reinstall?
Highlighted

Re: Help! All day I've been trying to upload a folder and have trying to upload a file

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @trishmennell, thanks for the nudge here; I’ve located your open support request on our system & I can see that you’re in an open discussion with my colleague there. They’ve sent you a follow-up reply yesterday & they’re awaiting your next update Trish, have you seen that message by any chance? 

If it’s not too much trouble for you, please ping me back here if you can't locate it or if you need further assistance in any way. I hope that this gets resolved soon for you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Uninstall/reinstall?  I'm using my browser.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I understand @trishmennell & thanks for pinging us back! Now, I’m not sure if you discussed your options with my colleague on your existing conversation, however I’m wondering if that persists across browsers or through an incognito window/in private browsing window for you. Can you try repeating once without any extensions running & see if that amends the behavior? As an additional step, would you mind clearing your browser's cache & see if this does the trick for you this time? 

It would be worth mentioning that each file or folder that you upload through dropbox.com must be 50 GB or smaller. For larger files or folders, use the desktop or mobile apps, which don’t have a file size limit.

Please have a look at my suggestions & pointers above at your convenience & let me know how my hints work for you whenever you get a chance. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?