cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please: "Want more space for your team? Ask your admin to upgrade team to Dropbox Business"

Help please: "Want more space for your team? Ask your admin to upgrade team to Dropbox Business"

New member | Level 2

Dear Dropbox Community,

I was added to Dropbox by an ex-colleague who left our business several years ago. When he left, the Dropbox account/folder that he'd added me to called "ATVB" was completely out of space. I've got no idea what's in it, because of the reason below, which prevents me even accessing it.

Now, whenever someone tries to send me Dropbox files, I get the onscreen message: "Your ATVB Dropbox is full. Want more space for your team? Ask your admin to upgrade your team to Dropbox Business."

Because I am no longer able to contact the "admin" (the ex-colleague) I have no way of asking him to remove me from the ATVB account/folder or upgrade the team to Dropbox Business. There is no "team" because he's now left.

I'd love to be able to use Dropbox, but this situation prevents me - really hope someone can help!

Many thanks,

Will

1 Reply 1

Re: Help please: "Want more space for your team? Ask your admin to upgrade team to Dropbox Business"

Dropboxer

Hi @willsaccount, thanks for posting on the Community!

It sounds like the Dropbox Business team downgraded to a free team, which is why you're getting this message.

If you want to leave the free team, you can do so by following these steps. This will return your account to a personal plan.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?