cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hide a Team Account from Appearing as a Suggested Team to Join

Explorer | Level 3

When employees in our company log into their personal Dropbox accounts, at the top of the Home page a Team account is shown with a button "Ask to join".  The Admin of that Team account would like to prevent it from appearing as a suggested Team for other employees who have personal Dropbox accounts using the same e-mail domain.

Is there a way to prevent that Team account from being visible to all other employees?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Hide a Team Account from Appearing as a Suggested Team to Join

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @SuperMJT, I just double checked this with a colleague, and it is possible to toggle a setting off in your settings which should prevent this from happening.

You can do this from this page on the admin console when logged in as the team admin.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @SuperMJT, thanks for messaging today!

Currently, it isn't possible to hide the team from being suggested to Dropbox users, assuming they match these criteria.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @SuperMJT, I just double checked this with a colleague, and it is possible to toggle a setting off in your settings which should prevent this from happening.

You can do this from this page on the admin console when logged in as the team admin.

Hope this helps!

Jay

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?