cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide folders from users who don't have permission

Hide folders from users who don't have permission

msmasta
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Is it possible to hide a folder entirely from users who don't have a permission to open the folder? At the moment, users who are not member of certain groups or are not invited to open a folder are not able to open the folder and see its contents. But there are some folders, most users (except our management) shouldn't even know about their existance so I would like to hide the folders in the directory view.

12 Replies 12

tomkaeslin63
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I need this too - it is impractical to show folders from the top level to members who dont get access to those folders. Why should they even see those folders? 
This is clearly a handicap of Dropbox feature - because if I can assign groups to certain top level folders only I would expect them to see only those folders they have access to. It looks very strange and I am sure they will ask questions on why they see the folder but cant have access to those. 

Please DROPBOX developers do something about this !

Thanks

markj72000
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I also agree, this is silly that we dont have this ability, outside of sharing from  your person folder, I would assume we would need to setup a completely seperate team to achieve this functionality. 

dzynrgrl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to see this functionality for my company as well. We use drop box with a number of outside vendors and although they don't have access to some of the team folders, the name of the folder can reveal things about our business that we don't want everyone to see. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dzynrgrl New member | Level 2
    markj72000 Explorer | Level 3
    tomkaeslin63 Explorer | Level 4
    Dutch51 New member | Level 2
    Accademia del Suono Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?