cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I become a team member on a free team?

How can I become a team member on a free team?

rachelJJ
New member | Level 2

I am accessing a TEAM account that has a massive amount of files and requires additional space. I've been paying to access this for the business I work for, however, I cannot afford to this now, paying $15.99 per month to upload docs to a company that I work for. I should not have to pay for this extra storage of files and should have been set up as a team account, however, my account was set up as a "Personal" account so those files are "shared" to me and results in me paying for all that storage, when the business is already paying for the storage, collecting storage fees twice! How do I switch my account to a team member on a basic/free plan?

1 Reply 1

Re: How can I become a team member on a free team?

Rich
Super User II

@rachelJJ wrote:

How do I switch my account to a team member on a basic/free plan?

You'll need to contact the team admin and ask them to send you an invitation to join the team. If you choose to merge your account into the team, your account will then be owned by the business (using one of their licenses in the team account) and any remaining time paid on your account will be refunded to you.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?