cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I best manage multiple teams through a single Dropbox Business account?

How can I best manage multiple teams through a single Dropbox Business account?

Explorer | Level 4

Can multiple teams be created by single admin for business account ? if yes , does it require special license ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I best manage multiple teams through a single Dropbox Business account?

Dropboxer
Thanks for clarifying! 

Please note that there isn’t currently an option to manage more than one team under a Dropbox Business account test0071. If there are essential team-wide settings that you need to set for each account, it would be best for you to do so separately. 

Hopefully this addresses your question & please do let me know here in case you have further inquiries. Until we talk again, have a great rest of your day! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Re: How can I best manage multiple teams through a single Dropbox Business account?

Dropboxer
Hey test0071, thanks for checking in on our Forum, happy to help you with your team setup! 

You may keep in mind that it is currently possible to manage your Dropbox team structure, in order to include more than one team, so long as you manage Group settings & distribute permissions accordingly. In truth, we’re getting this inquiry often & for that reason my colleague,  AgentJay, has created a very detailed post on how to setup your team Dropbox account, according to your company structure here

You may have a look whenever you get a chance  & let me know on this discussion in case you have additional questions. 

Following, just in case you’d like to discuss it in more detail, you may contact our Sales team here

Thanks again for posting us & please let me know here how this advice has worked for you!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

We understand that different groups can be created for managing team structure. However, I would like to know whether more than one team can be created using standard business plan. By default using this standard plan only one team is created and I donot see any other option as an admin to create more teams.

Dropboxer
Thanks for clarifying! 

Please note that there isn’t currently an option to manage more than one team under a Dropbox Business account test0071. If there are essential team-wide settings that you need to set for each account, it would be best for you to do so separately. 

Hopefully this addresses your question & please do let me know here in case you have further inquiries. Until we talk again, have a great rest of your day! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 4

I have standard business account and see that by default only one team folder is created eg. Team xxxx shared workspace. From dropbox UI cannot see this workspace created although I login with admin credentials. 

1. Please let me know if multiple such shared team workspace folders be created? and if yes, please provide steps to do so

2. Also how do I access this folder on UI ?

I can view it through the API

Dropboxer
If you’ve logged in to your account online with your admin credentials, you should be good to go test0071. Do you have more than one Dropbox accounts by any chance? 

When it comes to your first question, if you’re working on our new account setup, you can choose between allowing Everyone on your team to edit the team space top-level or Only admins. You may find all relevant details on this resource. 

Following, can you let me know more about how you’re utilizing the API on that account or what the access discrepancy looks like to you (I'd also appreciate a screenshot), so as to make sure to send you the most relevant next steps? 

Thanks a lot for your ongoing cooperation & I'll be awaiting your next message on this discussion here! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?