cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I delete licenses from my Dropbox Business team?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

is there a quick way to free up licenses of invited/deleted users?

currently I have a lot of users in state 'deleted' but they are still consuming licenses preventing me from adding new members. So when do those users really get deleted and can I somehow speed this up and delete them immediately (and free up their license in the process)?

thanks,

Stefan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Free up licenses

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
If the users are removed from your team, then they don’t take up licenses on your account, it will immediately free them up from your total.

Only suspended and invited users take up licenses, aside from active members. Could you check if any of those unneeded users are still on your team via the admin console member’s page?

Keep me posted with any updates!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Stefan, when you delete members from a Dropbox Business team, it doesn’t automatically delete the licenses they used.

This is because you might want to use those licenses for another new user.

If you want to delete licenses, you can do so by following the steps in this article.

Let me know if that helps out!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay,

I don't want to delete licenses, I want to delete users and use their previously assigned licenses for onboarding of new users.

We have a dropbox team with 350 licenses and 110 of them are still free and can be assigned. the problem is I need to onboard more than 110 users and for that purpose I deleted a whole bunch of members (lets say 50) that never accepted their invitation - my understanding was, that I would now have 160 licenses available after deleting them.

But those deleted users still use up their licenses and my remaining licenses count hasn't increased at all...Some of those users I deleted nearly a month ago and they are still visible in the dashboard and wasting licenses.

So I really need a way to free those licenses ad-hoc by completely removing those users and re-assign them to newly invited members.

thanks,

Stefan

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
If the users are removed from your team, then they don’t take up licenses on your account, it will immediately free them up from your total.

Only suspended and invited users take up licenses, aside from active members. Could you check if any of those unneeded users are still on your team via the admin console member’s page?

Keep me posted with any updates!

Jay

View solution in original post

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?