cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete the team folder?

How can I delete the team folder?

New member | Level 2

Hi!

We have recentely migrated our team folder away from dropbox. I've kicked all the members of the team folder out of it and I'm the last user in it.

I need to delete all the content and then leave in order to close our old team folder on dropbox?

many thanks,

Cbrenni

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Delete Team Folder

Dropboxer

If you’re referring to a team folder and you are a team admin, you can remove it by:
  1. Signing in to the website. 
  2. Navigating to the admin console
  3. Going to Team folders.
  4. Finding the team folder in question and clicking on the ellipsis (…) that’s on the right side.
  5. Selecting Archive.
Please remember that an archived team folder is still accessible to admins trough the team folder manager. 

Once the archiving process is complete, you can permanently delete it by going to the the Team folders tab (as mentioned above in step 3) and then:
  1. Selecting the Archived column that’s above the list of team folders. 
  2. Locating the archived team folder and selecting the ellipsis (…) button. 
  3. Clicking Permanently delete. 
When you you permanently delete a team folder, please bear in mind that it cannot be recovered.

However, if you’re referring to leaving the Dropbox Business team in general, you can find more info and relevant steps in this article

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Delete Team Folder

Dropboxer

If you’re referring to a team folder and you are a team admin, you can remove it by:
  1. Signing in to the website. 
  2. Navigating to the admin console
  3. Going to Team folders.
  4. Finding the team folder in question and clicking on the ellipsis (…) that’s on the right side.
  5. Selecting Archive.
Please remember that an archived team folder is still accessible to admins trough the team folder manager. 

Once the archiving process is complete, you can permanently delete it by going to the the Team folders tab (as mentioned above in step 3) and then:
  1. Selecting the Archived column that’s above the list of team folders. 
  2. Locating the archived team folder and selecting the ellipsis (…) button. 
  3. Clicking Permanently delete. 
When you you permanently delete a team folder, please bear in mind that it cannot be recovered.

However, if you’re referring to leaving the Dropbox Business team in general, you can find more info and relevant steps in this article

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?