cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a Dropbox Business refund?

Highlighted

How can I get a Dropbox Business refund?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am praying that someone will be able to assist me with this. 

I was charged $720.00 after the trial my sister used upgraded. Per the email it said it wont be charged until after the trial end date on May 9th,2018 which is today. As soon as I saw the charge I immediatley sent a message to the support team and contacted my bank just for back up purposes. I cancelled the subscription within an hour of notification. Being that my card was on the trial and my sister is only 17 with no way to refund me $720.00 I was wondering if there is anyway someone may offer me insight on this. When cancelling, I did see the message where it stated "your plan will end immediatley and you will be refunded the remaining difference". I am hoping that, that is the case here being that I have actually not utilized any dropbox business services and cancelled the subscription in less than an hour of having it. I did read a few mixed posts where some people were able to get refunds and others weren't depending on when they actually cancelled their subscription. I have seen that Dropbox does what it can for its users and am really hoping that someone on the dropbox team would be able assist me here.

Thank you in advance,

Alonah

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Business Refund

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey again, @Alonah

After checking in our system, we have located the support ticket you submitted earlier. One of our agents will be replying to you via email soon! 

Cheers

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Alonah, welcome to our community!

I’ll be happy to take a look at this for you. Do you have a ticket number that I can look up? If not, I can have an agent reach out to you at the email address associated with your forum profile. If that address isn’t associated with the Dropbox account in question, then go ahead and submit a support request from that email address, and then let me know your ticket number here. 

Cheers! 

Sanchez

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey again, @Alonah

After checking in our system, we have located the support ticket you submitted earlier. One of our agents will be replying to you via email soon! 

Cheers

Sanchez

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I am in a similar situation. I had started my trial on May 23, which expired on June 23 and got upgraded. I, however, cancelled my plan on June 24. Is there any way I can receive a refund? It would be very helpful as the bill says 75$ and I have not used a single day services. Please do help!

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Technically you have used a days service - the 24th of June.

All I can suggest is logging a ticket as everybody has said. As this is a user supported forum, sadly, nobody here can help.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @jaishree - how are you today?

As I really want to assist with this, I ran a small search in our system and found your existing ticket. I have provided you with an update there so please check your inbox and get back to me through email.

Thanks in advance and have a great week ahead!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?