cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I give my assistant access only to a newly-created folder without viewing our Team Folders?

How can I give my assistant access only to a newly-created folder without viewing our Team Folders?

Surfybird1
New member | Level 2

Hello. I have a new assistant joining the team and only want her to access a newly created folder ' Kat' that all the other team can also put their work for her into.  If I add her as a new team member won't she be able to see all our team folders?? 

Thank-you for your advice! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Solo folder access

Rich
Super User II

@Surfybird1 wrote:

If I add her as a new team member won't she be able to see all our team folders??  

Yes. Anyone added as a team member will get access to the main team folder. If you only want her to access a specific folder within the team folder, just share the specific folder with her, without inviting her to the team.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you are experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Solo folder access

Rich
Super User II

@Surfybird1 wrote:

If I add her as a new team member won't she be able to see all our team folders??  

Yes. Anyone added as a team member will get access to the main team folder. If you only want her to access a specific folder within the team folder, just share the specific folder with her, without inviting her to the team.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you are experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?