cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove a license for my upcoming renewal?

How can I remove a license for my upcoming renewal?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

Our license is due for renewal on July 18th and currently has five licenses but we want to reduce that to four due to staff changes. using the admin panel has revelaed this is not possible and I have found the system for contacting support to be incredibly obtuse with no direct way to raise this issue. How is this possible to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I remove a license for my upcoming renewal?

Dropboxer
Hey VCMExams, I’m just checking back on you here! 

I don’t know if you’ve had a chance to review my last reply. Regardless, as we can only look into payment-specific inquiries through our Official Support channel (i.e. we’ll need sensitive details that can’t be accessed on our Forum) & I’d like to help you move forward with that as much as possible, I’ve reached out to you directly on my end. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you from there more closely. I hope that this is helpful to you & I’m wishing you a lovely rest of your day ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Re: Removing a license

Dropboxer
Hey VCMExams, let me send you the steps to adjust your subscription details to your needs & we’ll take it from there!

As an initial point of reference, you may check back on your admin console’s Billing tab & 
follow the steps outlined here (i.e. so as for the change to come into effect asap, please make sure to do so before your renewal on the 18th:disappointed face: 

#1. Click "Manage licenses" further down under "Manage your plan"
#2. Choose how many licenses you'd like to have in total (i.e. 4)
#3. Click "Reduce licenses"

Just in case you’re unable to follow the steps above or you need additional assistance, you may quickly call in or chat in to our team through your admin console & one of my specialized colleagues will follow-up on your request & reduce your licenses on your behalf. 

Alternatively, please let me know here if you’d like me to get in touch with you on my end & I’ll make sure to email you directly. 

Please let me know how you’d like us to proceed in your next post; I'll be awaiting your next message on our discussion here! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Dropboxer
Hey VCMExams, I’m just checking back on you here! 

I don’t know if you’ve had a chance to review my last reply. Regardless, as we can only look into payment-specific inquiries through our Official Support channel (i.e. we’ll need sensitive details that can’t be accessed on our Forum) & I’d like to help you move forward with that as much as possible, I’ve reached out to you directly on my end. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you from there more closely. I hope that this is helpful to you & I’m wishing you a lovely rest of your day ahead! 

Jane

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jane,

Robin has recieved the email and passed it over to me. Can I get back to you via email?

Thanks

Stewart.

New member | Level 2

Hi, my BD account wouldn't let me change the number of licenses until I renewed. Now that I have renewed and chosen the standard account, I want to reduce from 5 to 3 users.  When i follow the advice to go to manage licenses, I get a pop up alert saying I need to renew my account.  Is there a time window I have to wait until I can reduce the number.  I'd rather not get charged for 5 and then have to chase down a refund.  Thanks for any advice you can provide .

Dropboxer

Hey there @LaurenTT2 - sorry to hear about this and any inconvenience it might have caused so far. 

As I see you're in direct line with our Support team, I would suggest that you continue with this with Rose directly as we won't be able to help you with such an account specific inquiry on a public forum as my colleague @Jane outlined as well. 

Thank you in advance and have a great rest of your day Lauren!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?