cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we make someone else the Dropbox team admin?

How can we make someone else the Dropbox team admin?

Explorer | Level 3

Our dropbox team admin is no longer with the company and the new members outside the dropbox team aren't synching and can't see changes even though they have edit access to the folder. How can I change the admin and add team member so everyone synchs correctly?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can we make someone else the Dropbox team admin?

Dropboxer
Thanks for your speedy reply coloradotigger! 

Since I’ll need account-specific info to further assist you on the matter, I’ve made sure to run a search on our system on my end, I’ve located your open support request & I’ve made sure to reply to you there asking some details, in order to determine your best next steps together. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox our latest email & let me know here in case you’re unable to locate this reply. 

Hopefully this is helpful to you & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on that email chain. Until we talk again, have a great rest of your day! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Hey coloradotigger, thanks for getting in touch on our Community, let me ask you a couple of questions to understand the current situation a bit better & we’ll take it from there.

Is there any slight chance that there are more than one team admins in your team? If so, then the second admin could grant admin access to a different team member & then remove the previous one. 

If not, please do let me know here & I’ll make sure to reach out to you on my end, as we’ll need to investigate sensitive account-specific info in more depth through our Official Support channel. Thanks in advance!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

As far as I know there are not 2 admins. The team member that was an admin has been removed from having access. 

Dropboxer
Thanks for your speedy reply coloradotigger! 

Since I’ll need account-specific info to further assist you on the matter, I’ve made sure to run a search on our system on my end, I’ve located your open support request & I’ve made sure to reply to you there asking some details, in order to determine your best next steps together. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox our latest email & let me know here in case you’re unable to locate this reply. 

Hopefully this is helpful to you & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on that email chain. Until we talk again, have a great rest of your day! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?